[Sca-cooks] Substitutions... how do we know?

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed May 28 15:44:43 PDT 2008

Lilinah wrote:
> Has everyone who wants to made their educated guess on the substitutions?
pomegranate juice can be substituted with almost any kind of fruit juice
or verjuice such as that from tart apples, oranges, unripe grapes, also
that from roasted gourds and quince as well as vinegar. (Note:
pomegranates were sent to northern Europe until they were dried in the
Middle Ages so it seems a little difficult to find the juice in recipes
that are not from the Mediterranean region.)

almonds can be substituted with almost any king of thickener such as
breadcrumbs, flour, eggs or egg yolks and also crushed nuts (such as
hazel, pine, pistachio, walnuts etc.)

Sorry to be so late but I am a little behind on mails due to all the May
activities.
Suey