[Sca-cooks] Substitutions... how do we know?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sat May 31 11:31:56 PDT 2008

> I for one don't think I won this one because I never saw that herb broth
> thing coming our of the blue.  Talk abuot regional variations :o)

Of course, I began to have doubts when I saw the title of the recipe, and
went and looked in the Medieval Kitchen by Redon et al, and they have a
Romania recipe, but I'm not sure if it's from the same source. It gives a
"green brodo of herbs" as a variant. Having read Scully's 'tempering'
article probably helped me though.

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net