[Sca-cooks] pewter pilgrims badge for SCA-Cooks?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun May 4 01:49:54 PDT 2008

<<<<
> I just received my "Flying Pig holding a Laurel Wreath" Pilgrim's
> badge from Fettered Cock.
> http://www.fetteredcockpewters.com/page_sca.htm
>
> It will go both on my regular square 14th C. hat and
> my on the field felt stylin' hat.
>
> Gunthar

Ooooh! Must.Have.One! Cheap, too. Hmm...

'Lainie

I'd love to make you one, 'Lainie. Unfortunately, I have trouble
doing nice 3-dimensional figures, especially in the inverted
perspective needed for soapstone molds. We'll see.

At one time the Rialto, the rec.org.sca newsgroup, wanted a symbol
that would fit in with a medieval feel yet still identify folks as
members of the list so we could recognize each other. They settled on
a piece of fish netting.

Would there be any interest in such a pewter pilgrim badge for the
SCA-Cooks list? And if so, what suggestions would you have for such a
symbol. The simpler it is, the easier it will be to produce. At
almost two inches in size, I think the flying pig from fettered cock
is a bit large. I could make them with a ring at the top to place on
a cord or sew to a hat, or leave the back smooth and epoxy on a
modern pin. While you can make the pin out of pewter with a 3-part
mold, the metal fatigues and the pin breaks off rather easily.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com