[Sca-cooks] Sign of the Times perhaps

Stanza693 at wmconnect.com Stanza693 at wmconnect.com
Wed May 28 10:03:23 PDT 2008

In a message dated 5/22/2008 10:20:58 PM Mountain Daylight Time, Isabella
writes:

> Ok, maybe we're spoiled in Trimaris too, but that feast menu sounds pretty
> lame to me, and the prices are just ludicrous. Are they planning on using
> this site again? One could wonder why they booked a site that wouldn't let
> them bring in SCA cooks, that very issue has nixed sites in my kingdom.
> Gotta be a good story behind this one!
> YIS,
> Isabella
>
> Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.
> Frank Zappa
>
> To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
> administering medicine to the dead.
> Thomas Paine

((I'm playing catch-up on email today.  Forgive me if this topic is already
dead or someone else from the Outlands has already commented.))

I haven't run into this too much in the Outlands.  (OK.  Confession:  With 2
small children, I don't often get to eat feast!)  However, Dragonsspine
(Colorado Springs, CO) hosted last year's fall Crown Tourney and used a site with
this restriction--their people had to cater.  The menu was very modern.  The
price was too high for my wallet.  The feast hall was cramped and very warm with
that many bodies crammed in.  And, service was buffet style.

I got Quizno's subs for my hubby and kids and ate in our room.  Reports I got
from friends were to the effect of what I listed above.  When the financials
were reported at the business meeting, well, let's just say, it wasn't a money
maker for the Barony.

So, why did we use this site?  ATMOSPHERE.  It is an old abbey with gorgeous
grounds and a spacious area to use as a list field.  The feast hall doubled as
court hall.  It had beautiful glasswork as a backdrop to the thrones.  I
thoroughly enjoyed the site.  I just wish something else could have been done
about the feast.

Just one observation,
Constanza Marina de Huelva   </HTML>