[Sca-cooks] OT: Old Maple Flavoring

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Mon Nov 3 12:04:54 PST 2008

Greetings All!

I have a bottle of maple flavoring that I've uncovered from my husband's old
house and I need some advice.  He thinks it could be as much as 10 years
old.

There is no brand name on the label.  All the label says is "Maple Flavor
W07143".  Ingredients are water, propylene glycol & natural flavors.

I cleaned the filth off the outside of the bottle and opened it up.  It
still smells very strongly of maple, and there's no mold or weird floaty
bits in it that I could see.

Could this still be usable or should I pour it out and recycle the bottle?

Many thanks,

Helena