[Sca-cooks] German Translation Help Requested (Elise Fleming)

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Tue Nov 4 12:45:48 PST 2008

<< Greetings from Drachenwald!
 missed the first part, can anyone point me to the right thread?
Katharina >>
Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net  :

<<Greetings to Katharina,

I found the initial message in my archives.
I am,
Vincenzo Martino Mazza,
In service to the Dream >>

I am sorry to say: you found the wrong one in another thread.

The initial question was:

<< Greetings!  Thorhalla asked this question of another list I'm on and I
thought that perhaps someone here had the answer:

>I need some German language help. As I am preparing for my class at the
>Cooking Collegium (yes, you did read that right!!), I ran across the
German
>phrase Erbsekeimblatt in an ingredient list for bread. The elements
>translate out like this:
>
>Erbse = pea
>keim = germ or shoot
>blatt = leaf
>
>One translation I saw of this term is sprouted pea. That doesn't make
sense
>to me as a bread ingredient but young or immature pea would.
>
>Am I off base? Thanks for any insight.
<<<<

There were several answers, one of them by myself:

<<
>I need some German language help. As I am preparing for my class at the
>Cooking Collegium (yes, you did read that right!!), I ran across the
German
>phrase Erbsekeimblatt in an ingredient list for bread.

"Keimblatt" is a term from plant biology which refers to the cotyledon.

I guess the German word is "Erbsenkeimblatt" (add an "n"), probably [or: possibly] the cotyledon of the pea plant.

E. >>

I am not sure if this proposal has been superseeded.

E.

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo