[Sca-cooks] need to draw on your experience

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 13 17:12:26 PST 2008

Katharina outlined her ideas for what sounds like a very interesting
event.

She mentioned a few site of interest in her area:
<<< to name just a few:
Globe museum
Kunsthistorische Museum
Austrian Museum of applied art (Tapestries, glas, lace,.., tableware)
Neidhard Fresken (the only profan ballroom to survive from the 12th
cent.)
New Imperial palace (Armour, musical instruments, historical fighting
demonstrations)
Museum of Pharmacy and chemists
the new roman museum (had a food related theme this year)
Treasury
Treasury of the Teutonic order
Vienna Historic museum
museum of military history (historical fighting demonstrations) >>>

Sounds like a lot of interesting medieval points of interest in
Vienna? Austria?

I like to put descriptions of such medieval points of interest in the
various files in the CULTURES section of the Florilegium,
particularly the ones that might not show up in the usual tourist
brochures, with idea that SCA folks that find themselves in such
areas, whether planned or on a business trip, can find some things to
investigate further.

I have very little for Germany or Austria and would love to have
either short messages I can add to the current files or, even better,
an article about such areas.

<<< Sunday: people will leave as soon as they are ready (depending on
sleeping
aranngements) or lenghten stay with local people or visit additional
sites
assisted by local people. >>>

Being able to stay or even just to visit with local folks would be
wonderful on such a trip.  My wife and I aren't very much into the
usual tourist type things, but the chance to find out about an area
from the locals would be wonderful, especially those that share our
interest in the medieval era.

Right now, I think I better find a job first. :-)  That and maybe in
a year or two the exchange rates will be better.

<<< So I would realy like to hear your opinion and has someone made
such an
event already? >>>

Not that I know of.  There are individuals who offer medieval
oriented tours commercially and that may be one of the options my
lady and I consider.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas