[Sca-cooks] Where's The Tudor Cook?

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 15 06:34:00 PST 2008

Aoife of Chemin Noir asked:

>Does anyone know what has happened to the Hampton Court
>cooks. Not seen post from them since Oct. Have they
>gone to ground...discontinued their blog or...what?

I’ve been wondering, too.  From past messages (private and posted) Richard,
the Tudor Cook, seems to become overwhelmed at times and also suffers a bit
from periodic depression/lethargy.  His last post mentioned his inadvertent
volunteering to do a big job, which he might be currently involved with.
He’s had previous difficulties with his internet provider and his computer
has been unavailable in the past.  Last year there was serious illness in a
family member - don’t know if the person might have become ill again and if
his attention is directed towards assisting that person.  Hampton Court has
been pondering doing things with the kitchen site on the internet.  Maybe
there’s some conflict between what he’s been doing and what they would like
to do.  You could send him a message (there’s a link on the web page)
asking if he’s okay and that people miss his blog entries.  In the past,
that’s seemed to result at least in a brief  “I’ve had problems and I’ll be
back shortly” response.  Yeah, I’m worried about him...

Alys K.

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/