[Sca-cooks] Fish at feasts

jimandandi at cox.net jimandandi at cox.net
Thu Nov 20 11:31:43 PST 2008

I am dallying with the idea of serving fish at a feast I'm doing in February, based on Chiqart and Menagier of Paris. What I would love to do is a whole roast fish "swimming" on a bed of decorated rice, with green sorrel verjuice on top and sprinkled with small whole shrimp. I have been warned away from doing this dish because "people don't eat fish at feasts" and "what about the bones?". So.

Have you ever served fish at a feast? How? How was it received?

If you have not, would you like to?

Curious,
Madhavi
An Crosaire, Trimaris