[Sca-cooks] Medieval Menu Month

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Nov 20 20:28:38 PST 2008

>As Master A already said, assuming no wine included, the food costs would be
>between $9 and $12 per plate.  That is roughyl the same amout of food costs
>several people here talk about using.  Do that meal for $6 or $7 cost of
>food (serena, christianna and Meridians don't count) and you might get me to
>eat your apron.

When I did my German feast we had $6  a person for food cost, including drinks and desert.

When was the last time an SCA feast served you three dishes?  They have three appetizers and three entrees listed but it says *or*.  Pick one from each column.  Perhaps there are vegetables and garnish they didn't mention, maybe bread.

I didn't mean they charged too much, especially for New York.. but that we expect a certain abundance on a feast menu. (and apparently I said it very badly).  Even the simplest feasts have 6 or 7 dishes.

Looking at some of the menus linked of the current Midrealm calendar, I see 12, 13, 14, 11, 8, 16, twenty one!!, 12,  and 8 dishes for the events that posted a menu.

Ranvaig