[Sca-cooks] Scottish Recipes

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 24 09:22:39 PST 2008

Stefan wrote:

> It would be nice to find more about the daily life in 12th C York
> shire but for now I'll settle for what I can get.

You might want to look at "Feeding a City: York" (subtitled "The
Provision of Food from Roman Times to the Beginning of the Twentieth
Century", edited by Eileen White.

There are chapters on the history of plant foods and bones as evidence
of meat production.  There's also a chapter on what people ate in late
medieval York, which would be a little out of your time period.

Alys Katharine, fussing with a new e-mail system and being very cranky
about it.

--
Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com