[Sca-cooks] scottish recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 24 23:56:31 PST 2008

Lady Cecilia de Cambrige replied to my comments with:

<<< Have you looked at Alexander Necham's writings by any chance?  They
are very helpful when it comes to 12th-century life, and there's even
a small section on cookery.  Some of his work is translated in the
book *Daily Living in the Twelfth Century* by... >>>

I believe I do have that particular book, but my book database is
temporarily offline so I can't look it up.

However, I've only had a chance to glance through it and I hadn't
realized it had anything on food, nor did I realize it had anything
specific to northern England. I'll have to find my copy. Thanks for
the suggestion.

  <<< Also, the entire Latin text is available through Google books.
If I
weren't a busy college student, I'd do a translation.  :) >>>

That doesn't help me, since I can only read English and some Spanish.
The Latin translations in the Florilegium are from others :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com