[Sca-cooks] Cooking for Power

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 13:45:25 PST 2008

Elaine Koogler wrote:
> What about Maestro Martino?  He was a chef, mostly in Sicily, IIRC, to the
> Norman ruler there.  Also Bernardo Scappi who, as I understand it, cooked
> for several Cardinals, then reached the pinacle of his career cooking for a
> couple of Popes?
>
> Kiri

'Cooking for Power', why did you title your message as such?
Please enlighten us ignorants a little. I try not to study Aragon as my
realm in Castile is so vast so I cannot remember Martino's era but I
thought it after Nola. I thought the Norman rulers went out long before
Martino you know like soon after Roger the Anjou bring replaced by the
House of Aragon. Marintino is after Ferran, Alfonso the V's bastard, no???
What does IIRC mean?
Scappi rings a bell. Was he a Borgia cook or am I off? But you know
there is a great subject there. - The cooks for the Borgias!!! Ha and
the cooks for the Medicci!!! I seem to remember a Lorenzo in Florencia. . .
Suey