[Sca-cooks] Cooking for Power

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 14:54:30 PST 2008

Elaine Koogler wrote:

Maestro Martino had nothing to do with Aragon or Castile...he was
Italian, and appears to have traveled all over Italy, including Naples.  Not
sure where I picked up the Norman reference, but then I'm often confused
these days!  He did most of his work in the mid fifteenth century, including
a stint as cook for one of the Szforzas.

IIRC = If I recall correctly.  Sorry, thought it was a commonly used
abbreviation.

Bernardo Scappi was an Italian as well.  Mistress Helewyse has translated a
large part of his cookery book and a new translation of it by Terence Scully
is due out soon.  He did his work in the 16th century.  I know he worked for
a couple of Popes, but I'm not sure if they were either de Medici or
Borgia...

Sorry if my comments confused anyone...they weren't meant to!

Kiri
I continue totally confused. I know Marinto was Italian but don´t know why he enters this subject much less Scappi.
I think we are talking about hericot??? What has that to do with power?
Suey