[Sca-cooks] Splendid Table Turkey Show

Gaylin Walli gaylinwalli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 09:20:23 PST 2008

Think of it as turkey 911.

I actually listened to this once and it was quite amusing. A couple of young
gentlemen had been given charge of the turkey in the fryer and IIRC were
also playing a small game of football or some similar sport while waiting
for the oil to heat. (I could be misremembering this.) Before they could get
the turkey finished, the oil was upset all over the yard and they had no
time to get more and reheat, so they called in asking what they could do
before their guests/spouses became irate. The solution (from Mario Batali?)
was that they cut out the breast bone, splayed the turkey, weighed it down
with washed bricks, and grilled it on the grill they had nearby.

The hilarity of the whole siutation had be doubled over. It was quite a
pleasant show. I was surprised, as I expected it to be quite boring.

Iasmin