[Sca-cooks] My Big Fat Weird Thanksgiving

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 05:31:44 PST 2008

Yeah, we kinda listened to those tiny voices...though not with the dire
results of your experience.  We spent the day together and cooked our dinner
together.  The apple brined turkey was marvelous!  As we only did a turkey
breast, the juices that it produced really weren't enough to use for
basting, so we used some of the apple juice to baste it with.  We also did a
Catalan version of spinach...almond milk, fontina cheese and raisins...and a
bulgar wheat dish done with oranges and garnished with slivered almonds.  I
did make the cranberry chutney using the Splenda/sugar combination and it
came out very well.  Also, we used the same stuff to make a cardamom
buttermilk pie...also came out very well.  All in all, it was a great day.
With Phillip's travel, we don't often get to cook together much anymore
except when we're cooking a feast, so this was loads of fun!!

Kiri