[Sca-cooks] A/S Competitions was Cooking Competitions

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Sun Nov 2 18:46:17 PST 2008

Stefan wrote:

I'd prefer to see more emphasis on practical, useable
objects rather museum art.  I got into pewter casting not to make art
pieces but because I was tired of the easily forgotten strips or
ribbon and beads used as site tokens.  I made my wheelbarrows to have
something to haul things around event sites, not as art pieces for a
competition.

My reply:

Indeed I agree.  My entries, other than those food related and a rather
elaborate frame tale, have been in the main functional items, my 12th
century hole a rather substantial example of such.  Other items included;
lucet work, a how to book on lucet work and rosary reproductions using
lucetted cord.  The rosary reproductions were intended to be worn/carried.

Daniel