[Sca-cooks] OT: GoTV

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 5 21:52:43 PST 2008

Stefan li Rous wrote:
> Kiri mentioned:
>
> <<< Oddly enough I've only received one call...I guess they aren't
> spending any
> money in a traditionally blue state...Obama doesn't need to, and McCain
> figures we're a lost cause!  The one call was from McCain! >>>
>
> Same here. But it is because the surveys apparently showed Texas to be
> a red state.  At first I thought this might go the other way when
> Obama started off leading here. Then as time went on, it went to 50-50
> and then McCain continued to pull ahead. :-(  So my vote didn't really
> end up counting, afterall.
>
> Where did this blue state-red state come from?

Curiously, from television coverage of national elections.  It's not
like there was a great agreement amongst the TV networks, it just kind
of evolved as a convention.

I was afraid that the slogan "better dead than red" would re-emerge and
really hurt some feelings, but so far this has failed to materialize.

Selene