[Sca-cooks] Regional BBQ

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Nov 6 14:24:22 PST 2008

There is that new book--
*Savage Barbecue: Race, Culture, and the Invention of America's First
Food (Paperback) by Andrew Warnes  *Paperback:* 208 pages*.* University
of Georgia Press (1 Aug 2008)
*ISBN-10:* 0820331090. · *ISBN-13:* 978-0820331096
I haven't seen a copy
yet, but the descriptions are promising:
Savage Barbecue: Race, Culture, and the Invention of America's First
Food by Andrew Warnes. This is a University of Georgia Press volume and
is available in both hardcover and paperback.
It's described as "Starting with Columbus's journals in 1492, Warnes
shows how the perception of barbecue evolved from Spanish colonists'
first fateful encounter with natives roasting iguanas and fish over
fires on the beaches of Cuba."
May be very interesting or it may be too academic ?

Johnnae