[Sca-cooks] Texas Chili

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 6 23:35:11 PST 2008

<<< Speaking of regional dishes, I'm trying a chili recipe in the
crockpot
tomorrow that a TX friend swears is fairly close to "true" TX chili.  I
can't *beLIEVE* I'm actually going to make chili without beans in
it.....
--Maire >>>

Why would you put beans in chili? Unless this is something else from
the depression-era and the idea is to stretch things, as with
hamburger helper.?

The new slogan these days seems to be about "going green". And
methane is a worse greenhouse gas than CO2.

:-)
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas