[Sca-cooks] Barbeque sauce

Ginny Beatty ginbeatty at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 12:16:04 PST 2008

I posited in my upcoming Artes Draconis article that Carbonadoes was a form
of bbq technique - overall the techniques I found broke down into - have a
sauce or spice rub, get a big chunk of meat of some kind (beef, venison,
etc.), cook with indirect heat, constantly baste, serve with sauce.

I'm from Ohio. We don't have native BBQ and have import our BBQ styles.
Personally, I'm a fan of Memphis dry rubs over KC wet sauces, and I like the
vinegary taste of the Carolina bbq style.
Gwyneth