[Sca-cooks] Barbeque sauce

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 7 14:49:46 PST 2008

Gwyneth mentioned:

<<< I posited in my upcoming Artes Draconis article that Carbonadoes
was a form
of bbq technique - overall the techniques I found broke down into -
have a
sauce or spice rub, get a big chunk of meat of some kind (beef, venison,
etc.), cook with indirect heat, constantly baste, serve with sauce. >>>

Oh? Another Carbonadoes article? I have these two files in the FOOD-
MEATS section of the Florilegium:
Carbonadoes-art   (14K)  6/19/97    "Carbonadoes" by Adamantius. A
medieval
                                        "barbecued" meat dish.
carbonadoes-msg   (26K)  9/15/08    Broiling meat on a gridiron
previously
                                        slashed to increase the
cooking speed.

I'd love to consider your article for the Florilegium as well.  Even
though I have these two files, different people often approach the
same subject from different directions. I can hold off publishing it
until after that Artes Draconis issue has been out a while if that is
a concern, and I'm always happy to give credit to where an article is
first published or add a link to the author's website, so interested
folks can find more info.

In the meantime, perhaps folks interested in carbonadoes will find
these files useful as well.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas