[Sca-cooks] butter fried shrimp

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 21 00:00:22 PST 2008

Euriol mentioned:
<<<  also did a butter fried shrimp recipe where it was dressed in
seasoned flour before it was fried, then fresh ginger was grated
right over the top. >>>

Was this based on a period recipe? I'm probably mis-remembering, but
I thought use of flour this way was out of period, although it may
have just been late period.

Was the ginger grated over the top after or before cooking?  Why did
you choose fresh ginger? I thought that most ginger was pretty dry by
the time it reached Europe.

Sounds wonderful.  I'll have to try this sometime.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com