[Sca-cooks] Persimmons

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 10:51:43 PST 2008

Do a tagine, Moroccan stew with venison, persimmons, raisins and plums. I am
sure the Florilegium (the SCA Bibel :) has lot of recipes!
Ana, envious

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Jane Merrilees <janemerrilees at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Milords and Miladys,
> I have been lurking for a few months and have learned sooo much. I come to
> you now for...
> Help!
> I have been gifted with a half gallon of small, wild persimmons. Can't
> remember if they should be cooked prior to pulping. Also have thought of
> drying them whole and/or mixing with some ground venison. (I have about two
> pounds.) As discussed in jerky. The persimmons need to ripen for a few days
> and the venison needs to thaw. But I will need to do something when the time
> is right!
> Any suggestions would be welcomed,
> Elspeth of Myrge Laese
> SW Virginia

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci