[Sca-cooks] Herbal Concoctions (WAS RE: Question about rue....)

Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 24 13:05:00 PST 2008

> In my search i found that *sage*, which we do not fear to eat, is also considered a known herbal abortifacient.

In recent research for an SCA class on the "History of Medicine, Apothecary, and Herbal Practices" *** that I was asked to prepare for Falcon's Gate (Northshield, Univ Wisconsin Stevens Point; student group associated with Shire of Falcon's Keep), I found it interesting that four items within materia medica lists were associated with preventing / ending pregnancy:

Parsley,
Sage,
Rosemary,
and Thyme

Makes certain song lyrics a bit more suspect, eh what?

<VBEG>
* * * Outline & Notes available in PDF upon request; STEFAN, I need to try and work through some copyright issues before I offer this to the Florilegium.
Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe  Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA "Other": Reverend Kihe Blackeagle PULC (the DreamSinger Bard) alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen http://www.livejournal.com/users/kihebard/