[Sca-cooks] Question about rue....

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 24 15:52:19 PST 2008

Kiri asked:

<<< OK...I understand that rue is probably not a good thing to use in
cooking,
that it can have some unfortunate side effects.  Am I correct in
this?  >>>

The problems we've discussed were only a problem if you were
pregnant. Not a problem I personally can have, but with the
possibility of it causing problems it is generally urged to stay away
from using it.

This file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of the Florilegium
has more details on the concerns, and I think, some recommended
substitutions.

rue-msg           (28K)  9/23/07    Medieval uses of the herb "rue".
Cautions.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas