[Sca-cooks] Deep Fried Turkey, was FW: [TY] Elizabethan Turkey

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 25 15:44:13 PST 2008

--On Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:04 PM -0500 lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> Christianna wrote:
>> My kingdom list has been discussing the merits of deep-frying turkeys in
>> the last couple of days.  A lady asked for tips, and what she got was a
>> long round of "DON'T DO IT" which was not what she wanted to hear at all.
>> After that, the discussion has degenerated (as these things tend to do).
>> I  posted this just this morning, and thought I would send it along
>> here.  I  know most of us have seen these, but thought it might be a
>> good way to start  the inevitable "What are you making for
>> Thanksgiving?" discussions we usually go through here :-)

Alton Brown did a wonderful Good Eats on deep frying a turkey -- it
includes lots of good safety tips, and instructions for building a turkey
rig so you can safely raise and lower your turkey without getting splashed
or knocking the pot over... If you plan to deepfry a turkey and can find
that show, I highly recommend it.

toodles, margaret