[Sca-cooks] OT&OOP-Cranberries

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 27 08:57:25 PST 2008

Happy day to you all.  Great group, this;  the ones of you I have met, I
like so well that you probably think I am a creepy stalker.  <grin>  Joy
to you all, everywhere in the world.

My mother retired from Thanksgiving several years ago, and after one
harrowing day of her pestering me in the kitchen, we have gone to
Sportsman's Lodge ever since.  That's a local favorite in Sherman Oaks,
Calif. where originally, you could catch your own trout in the
artificial "stream" and have them cook it for you.  A local boy made
good and has purchased the property, and intends to change things
again.  So... next year, Mother has consented to letting me try again.
I told her, she is NOT allowed in the kitchen under any circumstances.
"Even Breakfast?"  NO.  You go out for breakfast.  "Oooh, okay!"

We will see how that goes.  She is afraid of Morton Thompson's Black
Turkey, which I really want to share with them, especially now that I
have made friends with the last American butcher in the Valley, who can
probably get me the extras I want.  [Wow, that was a tangled sentence.]

Selene