[Sca-cooks] Cooking for Power

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Sun Nov 30 06:33:36 PST 2008

The coffee to which I was referring is a fairly dark roast, very, very
finely ground (almost powdery), and it has cardamom in it.  If I'm not
mistaken, it's prepared in a fashion similar to Turkish coffee--water and
coffee and sugar in a special brass pot.  You drink tiny, tiny cups of it,
and have to watch for the sludge at the bottom of the cup!
My friends and I like the taste enough that we'll often sprinkle a bit of
the coffee on our regular coffee grounds prior to brewing.  And my bad--I
misnamed it.  I know it as "bedouin coffee" and not "lebanese coffee."
Sorry!
--Maire