[Sca-cooks] OT: GoTV

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 3 11:39:19 PST 2008

Heleen Greenwald wrote:
> Good message Kiri,
> I've been helping with GOTV here in my little burg of Bloomsburg PA.
> Believe it or not, I've been doing kitchen duty, feeding the voulunteers.
You have?  Amazing, who'd'a thunk it.  <snicker>

> Last night I asked one of the higher up female staff  if she had ever
> heard of  'ScotchEggs'.  She replied with, 'You're a SCAdian?'

Okay, that cracks me up.  Apart from SCAdians, only British expats even
know what Scotch Eggs are, I guess.  Ironic, since we haven't managed to
document them before what, 1800 or so?  Oh well.

The polls open here in less than 20 hours and not a moment too soon.
I'm going first thing, bringing a folding chair and a snack.  In the
evening, I'll be hosting a viewing part for election returns with my
family and friends of like political inclination, serving Great American
Foods like mom's BBQ meatballs and pumpkin bread.  Also blender
cocktails because one way or another, we'll need it.  It's been a long
two years.

Selene