[Sca-cooks] Robin the Bandit - Help!

chawkswrth at aol.com chawkswrth at aol.com
Wed Nov 5 15:42:47 PST 2008

OK, Suey-it is time for lessons in Kitten training.
Do you have a spray bottle you can fill with just plain, clean water?
When you catch him in the act of doing something he should not do, shake the bottle, and then spray it, towards his face.
This works beautifully, but you must be consistant!

I am in the midst of domesticating feral kittens, and it works like a charm. It is keeping them from clawing furniture, staying under the furniture and it is keeping the Grown cats from beating up on the baby kittens.

In fact, if you use this, and a cardboard scratching post, there will be no need to declaw your kitten. If it worked with my 9 year-old Siamese, it will work for Robin.
You are right-you are in the midst of a test of wills. As the Siamese and the 10 month old kitten are neutered males, I KNOW about those tests.
Get?a covered cup for your bedside table.
Get a spray bottle filled with plain water and keep it with you.
You may need to go back to the whole seat for a while. A lot of cats do not take well to change of any variety.. A new person or just changing the furniture around, can get them upset and they regress in their training.
Rather like a toddler will go back on their toilet training if there is a new baby in the house....it is similar.

BTW-When I have to get after the Siamese now, or the Big kitten, all I have to do is shake the bottle. They stop and behave...until they can find more mischief to get into. <G>

Helen
Anyone want a kitten? Two adorable diluted orange and white tabbies ready to be your household Princess....