[Sca-cooks] OT: GoTV

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Thu Nov 6 14:22:55 PST 2008

Susan Fox wrote:

> Stefan li Rous wrote:
>
>> Selene replied to me with:
>>
>> Stefan li Rous wrote:

>> > Where did this blue state-red state come from?
>>
>> Curiously, from television coverage of national elections.  It's not
>> like there was a great agreement amongst the TV networks, it just kind
>> of evolved as a convention. >>>
>>
>> Thank you. I guess this happened after color television became
>> common.  But why red and blue? And why blue for the Democrats and red
>> for the Republicans?  It would have been rather confusing if different
>> stations/newspapers were using the same color for different parties.
>> Red and Blue? Hey, that's not even good heraldry! :-) (color on color)
>
> Yes it IS good heraldry.  The American Flag is Red, White and Blue, and
> White tends to get used for neutral or undecided areas.  Red and Blue
> have good contrast with each other.
>
> I'm not sure why the colors fell to the parties that they did, it could
> have gone the other way.  Red and Republican start with the same letter,
> perhaps.
> Wikipedia has an interesting page on the subject:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_states_and_blue_states
>
> Selene

On the online comic: Comic Strip Club, http://www.comicstripclub.com
the artist had political commentary under R L C (Right, Left, Center)
with those leters drawn in Red White, and Blue.

Here's an example ... http://comicstripclub.com/2008/10/31/obama-ftw/

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

Visit my online gallery at Renderosity [3D Artist's Community]
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=MGD

So much wisdom and knowledge, but so little time and bandwidth
--MGD