[Sca-cooks] Was Re: OT: GoTV Now Barbeque Sauce Variations

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Thu Nov 6 18:32:55 PST 2008

Georgian-style barbeque sounds yummy.  Actually, it all sounds yummy to me,
Yankee-roots and NW Mountain State bones that I've got.  No true,
traditional "barbeque" in my family background, except for one, kosher,
barbeque sauce recipe that my mom got from a Jewish college chum of hers, in
the 50s.  It's thin, but very good--sort of hits the middle between
spicy/sweet/vinegar/tomato-based.
Speaking of regional dishes, I'm trying a chili recipe in the crockpot
tomorrow that a TX friend swears is fairly close to "true" TX chili.  I
can't *beLIEVE* I'm actually going to make chili without beans in it.....
--Maire