[Sca-cooks] Texas Chili

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Fri Nov 7 04:44:32 PST 2008

'Cuz the closest thing I've ever encountered to *my* region's variety of
chili has beans in it.  In fact, I'm more likely to put beans in it (usually
an assortment of different kinds of beans) than meat.  Mostly because of
economics, but partly preference.  I don't know that it's a 30s thing--I
wasn't around then <g>, and I don't do hamburger helper at all <shudder>.
It's more of an "I don't make a lot of money, and what I do make is going to
other things like another trip to LA" budgeting thing.
--Maire