[Sca-cooks] Texas Chili Was Re: OT: GoTVNowBarbequeSauceVariations

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Fri Nov 7 07:25:34 PST 2008

Beef and pork combined? I've never thought of that, and I don't know why.
When I'm doing full-fledged spaghetti, I use both beef and a pork sausage,
and I've had chili with beef in it OR pork.  Yummmm....
The chili I've got in the crockpot for tonight is just beef, with some
spices, a few chilis, beef broth, onion and garlic, and (oddly enough) a
couple of T of tapioca.  I've got a recipe, *somewhere,* that uses beer for
the liquid.  And another (actually my favorite) that uses a bottle of Thai
chili-garlic paste.....
I can just see it now....An SCA Cooks' List Chili-Cookoff! ;o)
--Maire