[Sca-cooks] Barbeque sauce

rene chaisson renechaisson at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 9 07:27:58 PST 2008

My kids love 3 "cheater" sauces we do
1-     1cup bottled bbq sauce(your preference), 1 diced onion, 1 cup applebutter- simmer 30 min until onion is tender(great on ribs-sweet n sassy! is what we call it)
2-     1 bottle chili sauce(kinda like cocktail sauce), 1 cup honey, 1 cup soy sauce, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp ground mustard-blend together and pour over wings and bake in oven, you can add hot pepper oil to spice it up- good alternative to hot wings
3-     1 cup ketchup, 1 cup grape jelly- add to crockpot with 2 packages of cocktail weenies and heat through. (thought this would be nasty when a friend made it for us, now its the only way my kids will eat them!!)
Tia