[Sca-cooks] A&S ENTRIES

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Nov 9 08:20:49 PST 2008

Ideally what you prepare should be what you want to prepare,
but in reality successful meals or dishes for contests take into account
what the site or the event will be providing in terms of facilities for
the culinary entries. Some of these competitions offer ovens and space
in a kitchen for entries. Others offer a table and absolutely nothing beyond
a table. Not even an electrical outlet will be provided. Some people
come in early
and rent hotel rooms with kitchenettes and cook in the room until right
before
the entries are due. Others do cold platters.
Communication with the A&S person and event autocrat in advance is
almost mandatory.

Johnnae