[Sca-cooks] Who gets in free to feasts.

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 14 18:01:58 PST 2008

Solveig Throndardottir mentioned:

<<< Here in Meridies they have taken the possibility of divisiveness out
of the picture by creating Kingdom Policy regarding who can and cannot
be comped:

Autocrat
Head Cook
King & Queen
Prince & Princess
Sitting Baron & Baroness (if a Baronial event, if the Barony is
hosting a Kingdom event - no comp)

Personally, I think that this is an overly large list.  >>>

Is this comping for feast or just site?

In general, yes, I think we need to be careful of this especially
with event sizes shrinking.

At my baronies Fall Event this last weekend, I was working gate and
was a bit shocked to see everyone mentioned above on the list to be
comped in addition to a retainer for the King, a retainer for the
Prince and six baronial champions.

Altogether about 14 or 16 people out of a feast limited to 100
people.  I think it was  decided to comp only for site, but the total
event attendance was only expected to be 200.  Luckily(?) the turnout
was closer to 415. (Yes, I guess we should have ordered more porta-
potties).

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas