[Sca-cooks] book suggestions?

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Sat Nov 15 06:49:01 PST 2008

--- rene chaisson <renechaisson at yahoo.com> schrieb am Sa, 15.11.2008:

> A a new period cook, my christmas list needs some advice.
> What books do you recommend for starting out with? I dont
> have a favorite time/place yet. What would you have started
> your library with if you could go back?

Also depends on what level you're aiming for. If you want practical, hands-on period cooking ideas for modern kitchens, I'd start with Odile Redon's 'the Medieval Kitchen' and Constance Hieatt's 'Pleyn Delit'. That gives you a glimpse of the English, French and Italian traditions. Barbara Santich's 'the Original Mediterranean Cuisine' and