[Sca-cooks] Who gets in free to feasts.

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Sat Nov 15 17:38:02 PST 2008

It wouldn't be, but in my barony, we purchase materials for the scribes to
use.
Our baronial policy is to comp seated barons and baronesses, and any seated
royals in attendance.  By tradition, the "main" people in charge of the
event (generally, just the event steward and head cook) are also comped.
Entourage and various forms of landless white trash (which is an actual
endearment used in the kingdom to refer to past baronage and court baronage)
are on their own.  If someone who'd normally be comped insists on paying, we
do, of course, bow to their preferences.
We are, for the record, *quite* a small barony (maybe 35-40 sustaining
members?).  Although I quite understand that one kingdom's treasured (or at
least, tacitly accepted) tradition is another kingdom's primo example of
WTF?, I agree with Antonia....I think it just plain *sucks* that the people
who are working to put on the event are being told, essentially, that they
also have to pay for the privilege!
--Maire, who'd be comping her cooks on her own if she had to....