[Sca-cooks] Beef Jerky (not too OT)

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 08:19:50 PST 2008

Johnna Holloway wrote:
> Pork Floss according to the web is despite
> it's a strange name, but a fitting description for the light, fluffy,
> thread-like seasoned dried pork product that can be used to add
> porkiness to just about anything.
> I think people in the USA would describe it as shredded.
>
> http://www.seriouseats.com/2007/10/homemade-pork-floss.html

I buy that under the names of "Pork Sung" at the local Chinese grocery.
"Pork Fu" is similar but less fried and less shredded, more fibrous.
Both are very delicious and are used as filling for meat buns or topping
for congee and tofu dishes.  Or just nibbling out of the jar.  I must
try to make it at home, I never really thought about doing that before.
Erm, maybe after Christmas, at the moment I'm in citrus peel candy mode.

Selene