[Sca-cooks] Fish at feasts

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Fri Nov 21 11:46:15 PST 2008

Stefan li Rous wrote:
> Did you buy the mackerel smoked? or did you smoke it yourself?
Wbought it smoked-- it's readily available in supermarkets here.

> How did you portion the scallops? How could you afford that? Or
> perhaps scallops are cheaper in New Zealand than here.

That wasn't me, so I'm not sure what the budget was or how it was
spent.  I think we can get fairly small frozen scallops at around $20/kg
, so they're not cheap, but not completely out of reach if the portions
served are small.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,