[Sca-cooks] Persimmons

Jane Merrilees janemerrilees at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 07:41:18 PST 2008

--- On Mon, 11/24/08, Audrey Bergeron-Morin <audreybmorin at gmail.com> wrote:

> cut them up and eat them.

Actually... they're better if you wait until you think they're way too
ripe, that is, all wrinkled and splotchy. THEN, they're really yummy!
.....................................................................You are right on the mark!Wild persimmons look very different than the asian variety in the link.I don't know about the taste, have been afraid of being disapointed at $1 eash so have never indulged The problen is there are too many for a type II diabetic to eat fresh. I have a wonderful family persimmon pudding receipe,I'm going to try with splenda.(Better than nothing.) But what to do with the rest? I'm a displaced Hoosier and was raised on this wonderful dessert.I was taken to the persimmon festival several times as a child. Foodie heavenElspeth of Myrge Laese