[Sca-cooks] OT&OOP-Cranberries

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Nov 25 14:33:00 PST 2008

chawkswrth at aol.com wrote:
> OK-my memory was just jogged....
>
> I have somehow landed about a pound of fresh Cranberries. It was one of those "That looks interesting" SNATCH buys.
> I have no idea what I was thinking.
> I have no earthly idea what to do with them!
> I have searched all of the cookbooks I have, only to find variations of cranberry sauce. Surely there is more to?this good-for-you fruit?then that....
>
> I would welcome an idea or three....

I like to make cranberry muffins- basically your favorite blueberry
muffing recipe, only use the cranberries. I like to add just a tiny bit
of orange peel also. I also like to make a cranberry cheese bread- it's
a variation of the usual nut bread (banana, zucchini, etc) with
cranberries and about a cup of grated sharp cheddar. Really, really yummy!

I also like to put leftover (if there is any) cranberry sauce, warmed,
over vanilla ice cream.

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore