[Sca-cooks] Okay, anybody doing anything unusual for Thanksgiving?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Nov 26 05:37:37 PST 2008

I just returned from a quick trip to see family. Got back in late last
night. My niece
suddenly announced a few days ago that she and the boyfriend were eloping
before he deploys to Afghanistan next week. Patrick and I went
down to see her off and commiserate with my sister who is upset about
not being able to throw her the big wedding in a year.
So for Thanksgiving--
I have been trying to figure out what to fix. It's just the 3 of us.
I am not really up for much shopping or dealing with lines today.
Snow on the ground but they think
the temp will be 41 tomorrow. So maybe I can grill after all. I think
steaks.
I did a turkey breast last Friday so some of that is left already.
Otherwise I don't think I will fix anything special. I'll settle for
sleeping late
and not having to cook a whole lot this year.

Johnna