[Sca-cooks] Cooking for Power

chawkswrth at aol.com chawkswrth at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 21:15:47 PST 2008

If they haven't, they should.
I grew up in Metarie, just two blocks away from New Orleans Parish.
Cafe Du Monde has a hot chocolate that will spoil you for ANY of the boxed stuff. Rich, creamy and chocolatey, we are talking Serious Hot Chocolate, here.
Just imagine, if you will...hot, fresh fried beignets, covered in powdered sugar, and hot, rich, wonderful chocolate. What else do you need on a cold January evening, right after watching the Sugar Bowl?

I think South Louisiana is where I learned to Not Drink the Coffee-unless you like the thought of not sleeping for the next three days! <LOL> We once had a member of the church make the coffee for one of the church dinners. After the maker stopped, he emptyed the carafe into another and put the carafe back...and ran the coffee back through the grounds several times.
?He told Dad that the maker made it too weak....

Helen
graduated from Grace King High School '72