[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP, not truly food-related, but...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 30 12:17:22 PST 2008

On Nov 30, 2008, at 1:12 PM, Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:

> Did he curse as much in your dream as he does on TV?

Curse? I have no &%@$&@%# idea what you're talking about! Now &%^$@#
off, you ^%$#@$%!!!

;-)

[I am reminded, for some reason, of my sister, who teaches art to
grade schoolers in Brooklyn, telling a parent at a conference that his
child was using inappropriate language in class, to which the parent
replied, "&$%^#@ing inappropriate language? That little ^%$#@#$%!!! He
never hears that kind of &^%$#@$ talk from me!!! We'll get to the #&^%$
(*& bottom of this when I get home tonight!"]

No, as I recall he was perfectly civil, verbally. There was just this
disquieting habit of trying to shoot me every now and then... Luckily,
I'm a little more nimble lately than I've been in the recent past, and/
or he's a lousy shot.

Perhaps I'm lucky that he tried to shoot me and didn't try to kick me
to death: I understand that in his first career he was a professional
soccer player. Between that and Mr. White's influence, that may
account for the cussing.

Perhaps if I had had the presence of mind to pull out a little black
book and write his name down in it, things might have gone differently.

As others have suggested, there may be some connection to the
Thanksgiving thing, but not perhaps due to psychoactive toxins left by
pathogens in leftover turkey. The fact is I've probably done more
actual cooking in the past 72 hours than in the past two or three
years combined, and walked into at least one certifiable kitchen
nightmare and did what I could to repair it (with some success), and
have not been reduced to a physical wreck as  result, so maybe some
part of what passes for my mind is processing this phenomenon in this
way.

And then, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes a dream is
just a funny story you make up in your head.

If it were Bobby Flay, I could see. I disliked him intensely and often
had trouble concealing my contempt, and I don't imagine he cared for
me much, either. I've heard it said a person is judged by the quality
of his/her enemies...

Adamantius