[Sca-cooks] How To Cook Your Life

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Sun Nov 2 09:37:21 PST 2008

I just watched a remarkable movie/documentary, called “How To Cook Your
Life”.  I’ve pasted a blurb about it below.

It is a Zen approach to cooking and food and nourishment, and a chef’s
approach to Zen.  I highly recommend it.  It is slow at times, and I watched
it in two sections, so if you are watching it with kids (please do!) you
might want to plan on doing it in 2 or 3 seatings.  I was able to get it on
Instant Play on Netflix.

Enjoy!

Chef Christy

“How To Cook Your Life: Find Nirvana In The Kitchen”

2007 93 minutes PG-13 for brief strong language

German filmmaker Doris Dörrie documents a summer in the life of renowned Zen
practitioner and cook Edward Espe Brown as he teaches culinary classes in
Zen centers in Austria and California, revealing the role food plays in our
bodies and spirits. Informative, provocative and funny, Brown serves up a
unique combination of inspiring wisdom and kitchen skills that will raise
even the most demanding foodie to new spiritual and gastronomic heights.