[Sca-cooks] Compostella pilgrimage

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 30 01:28:33 PST 2008

Maire answered me with:

<<< She's talking about walking to Compostella, Stefan.  Yes, it's
one of the
pilgrim's paths through Spain.  >>>

That was the place I was thinking of, but I couldn't remember how to
spell it and my computer is acting wonky and didn't want to let me
access the web. (Newer machine had the LCD backlight go bad a week or
two ago, and it was an older machine so will get replaced)

<<< There are actually several, depending on
where you start in the other parts of Europe.  I'm planning on going
in a
few years (it'll take me a while to save up the time off), and I'll
probably
start on the French side of the Pyrenees and go across northern
Spain.... >>>

So do you plan to walk the route? Or are you going to use modern
transportation but follow the old route?

Hope you can save up the time. Motorola made a rule in the early 90s
allowing you to only keep one week from the previous year. Many of us
ended up having to burn a lot of extra vacation or lose it.  And
unless something unusual happens, it looks like I'll never be at
another company long enough to be getting four or five weeks a year. :-(

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com