[Sca-cooks] Cat Litter substitute

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 1 11:10:16 PDT 2008

Welcome to your new furbaby!

Let me start by saying that I have only rarely lived with cats, I'm a
pretty dedicated dog person.  No particular objection to cats, mind you.

That being said:  I'm not sure flour would really register on a cat as
gravel-like enough in which dig and defecate;  if he did, his little
paws would track flour all over the house.

Also,  I'm a bit dubious about "flushable" anything.  In this case:  as
the starch particles soak, they expand and you could have a toilet
blockage to deal with.  Legumes, even more so.  If it were I, I would
probably get a little garbage pail with a liner and lid and dispose of
the "evidence" once a day in the household trash.

Selene